Welsh Judo is committed to providing its members with the highest levels of customer service. This includes protecting the privacy of its members and ensuring a secure online experience.
In general, members can view the Welsh Judo website and all the latest news and results without telling Welsh Judo who they are or revealing any information about themselves. Sometimes however, Welsh Judo needs to monitor website usage for web site and Welsh Judo services development.
Welsh Judo's Privacy Statement contains the following important information regarding the use of personal information.
• What is personal information?
• How Welsh Judo collects personal information
• How Welsh Judo uses personal information
• When Welsh Judo discloses personal information
• Storage and security of personal information
• Access to personal information
1. What is personal information?
Personal information is information about an individual who can be identified, or whose identity could be reasonably ascertained, from the information.
2. How Welsh Judo collects personal information
To deliver and enhance the services offered by Welsh Judo, certain personal information is collected. Welsh Judo
collects personal information from individuals when:
• The individual registers an affiliated club
• The individual registers to become a member
• The member enters a Welsh Judo event or participation programme
• The individual participates in a Welsh Judo course
• The individual requests information from Welsh Judo
• The individual provides information to Welsh Judo staff
• The individual participates in a Welsh Judo survey
3. How Welsh Judo uses personal information
Welsh Judo will only collect information that is necessary for them to carry out the primary purpose of providing services relating to: membership, education
and events. Personal information may be used in order to:
• Provide the services required
• Internal accounting and administration
• Regulatory reporting and compliance
• Help Welsh Judo to inform and identify other products or services that may be of benefit
4. When we disclose personal information
Welsh Judo discloses personal information to other organisations that is necessary to assist in providing services. The organisations include outsourced
service providers who manage the services provided to members, including:
• Education Services (UKCC)
• Competitions, events and safeguarding support (Affiliated Associations)
• Print and fulfillment companies
• Professional advisors, including accountants, auditors and lawyers
• Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law
Welsh Judo limits the use and disclosure of any personal information to such organisations for the specific purpose for which it is supplied.
When a member provides Welsh Judo with personal information about other individuals, Welsh Judo relies on that member to make the individual aware that the information has been provided to Welsh Judo and for what purpose, and to whom it may be disclosed and also how they can access their information. This is extremely important for club secretaries who are providing the personal information on behalf of their members.
5. Storage and Security of personal information
Welsh Judo stores personal information on a computer database. The personal information may be held in both paper file and computer file form. Welsh Judo has implemented measures of a reasonable nature to ensure that all personal information is securely stored from misuse, loss and unauthorised handling.
6. Accuracy of personal information
Welsh Judo takes reasonable steps to ensure that whenever personal information is collected or disclosed, it is accurate, complete and up to date.
7. Access to personal information
The member has a right to access their personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. The member can gain access to their personal information by contacting Welsh Judo. The member may also advise Welsh Judo at any time about possible breaches of privacy, or inaccurate, incomplete personal information, that may have changed.